IAP2 Around the World
IAP2 members work in industry, civil society organisations, universities, government and more. They are involved in the public participation process by supporting clients, colleagues and citizens for improved decision-making and promote best practice through the three IAP2 Pillars – the Core Values, Code of Ethics, and Spectrum of Public Participation.
In addition to the global, IAP2 International organisation, IAP2 has several active regions around the world. Each region hosts networking, professional development, and training opportunities. Select your primary region for more information on how to join. If your country is not represented by a region, you may join through the International Associates program below.
Australasia (Australia and New Zealand)
Latin America (Central America, South America and the Caribbean)
Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe)
If you are interested in forming an IAP2 regional organization in your area, contact email@example.com.
IAP2 International Associates Program
International Associates Membership Brochure
The IAP2 International Associates program is open to those who are interested in formally connecting with IAP2 and reside outside the geographic boundaries of IAP2 regions.
The International Associates program offers a variety of benefits to enhance your career in the field of public participation:
- Professional Development Opportunities – IAP2 offers many opportunities throughout the year to enhance your P2 skills. Join us at annual conferences in Australasia and North America, education symposiums, special topic webinars, and at IAP2 training courses, including the Foundations in Public Participation and Emotion, Outrage and Public Participation programs. Your membership in the IAP2 International Associates program offers registration at IAP2 Member pricing, where available.
- International Connections – Connect with an international network of practitioners via the online member directory and discussion forums. Link up with others working in the field on IAP2 social media networks.
- Advancement of the P2 Practice – Stay up to date on best practices, research and trends around the world in the quarterly IAP2 Federation international newsletter and submit articles for sharing among the network.
- Core Values Awards – IAP2 International Associates are eligible to submit entries for the annual IAP2 Core Values Awards program. Core Values Award Recipients are selected in three categories: Project of the Year, Organisation of the Year, and Research Award, and are recognized in the Showcase of Winners.
- Career Development – Learn about job openings in the field of P2 in the IAP2 online Career Center; post openings for your organisation and register to receive an email alert when new positions are posted.
- International Journal of Public Participation – IAP2 works in partnership with the Journal of Public Deliberation – a bi-annual peer review, open access journal— to facilitate information exchange and thoughtful exploration of public participation practices and impact.
- Student (requires demonstration of full-time status)
- Organisation Small - 9 associates or fewer
- Organisation Large - 10 associates or more
Annual Dues are based on country economic status as identified by the World Bank (GNI per capita) and are payable in your local currency via the IAP2 online payment platform. Check the Countries List to confirm your rate. *
- Individual - Professional: $120 USD
- Student: $50 USD
- Organisation - Small: $400 USD; Large: $1,000 USD
- Individual - Professional: $40 USD
- Student:$20 USD
- Organisation - Small: $135 USD; Large: $340 USD
* If you live on an outlying island or in an outlying territory and the system does not allow you to select that island or territory as your country, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Annual dues are payable in your local currency via the IAP2 online payment platform.
Please select one of the following options:
Tip: Have you already taken an IAP2 course? Email email@example.com for your login information.