Taught by Kim Hyshka and Tannis Topolnisky, this live and interactive online training will have you ready to apply IAP2's approach to public participation in your next project.
Module 1 - Planning for Effective Public Participation - October 6 - 9
A major reason that initiatives fail to reach their goals is inadequate preparation. IAP2's planning module provides you with a proven structure that will greatly increase your odds of a successful project. This hands-on course gives you the opportunity
to delve into your own challenges using the essential elements of effective public participation planning.
Expect to learn how to:
- Evaluating the scope of a decision and identifying the processes needed.
- Identifying the decision steps including timing and needed resources.
- Developing a comprehensive, decision impact analysis to identify the stakeholder community, their concerns, and hopes.
- Developing a detailed public participation, communications & evaluation plan.
Planning is a pre-requisite for Techniques.
Module 2 - Techniques for Effective Public Participation - November 17 - 19
Once you have completed the planning course, you are ready to add 50+ practical tools and methodologies to your public participation toolkit. Working experientially with seasoned IAP2 trainers and your peers, you’ll now learn powerful techniques you can
put to immediate use in your next project.
This module breaks down specific facilitation methods and tools including:
- World Café
- Citizen Jury
- Revolving Conversations
- Advisory Groups & many, many more.
You’ll leave armed with a wealth of reference material, IAP2 tipsheets, and the ability to select appropriate procedures for each new project.
Completion of Foundations is a pre-requisite for IAP2 Certification.
More Information & Registration