Foundations in Public Participation
IAP2's Foundations in Public Participation programme was designed with the input of successful practitioners from around the world. The programme is divided into two courses, each focusing on one of the two major phases of public participation, Planning and Techniques.
Regardless of the industry in which you work, Foundations in Public Participation will broaden your toolkit, bring greater creativity to your approach, and give you a broad-based understanding of how public participation works across the world.
The programme is right for anyone working for or involved in public participation and community engagement projects in:
- Government—agencies at all levels
- Corporations in a wide variety of industries, for example, utilities, mining, environmental, and
- Not for Profit Organisations such as community organizations and universities
Planning for Effective Public Participation (3-Days): DECEMBER 10-12, 2018
Techniques for Effective Public Participation (2-Days): DECEMBER 13-14, 2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline: October 31, 2018
Facilitator: Elmah Nthebolan
- Accredited Trainer, Public Participation and Integrated Environmental Management with the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA)
- Licensed Trainer for the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) MSc (Environmental Science), and
- PG. Diploma in International Environmental Law
Public Participation Experience
Elmah is an Executive Director ( Environment and Planning Studies Service Area) at Geoflux (Pty) Ltd. with 20+ years experience, 18 of which were spent gaining insight into planning and execution of public participation as part of broader Integrated Environmental Management (IEM) for projects covering various fields such as water development, tourism development, commercial, mining, land use and waste management for both government and private sectors.
She is a certified Principal Environmental Assessment Practitioner with the Botswana Environmental Assessment Practitioners’ Association and a Licensed Trainer for the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2). Elmah is a member of the IAP2 Southern Africa Affiliate.
Venue: Phakalane Golf Estate Hotel Resort, Gaborone, Botswana
- Early bird registrations (until 30th October 2018) registration gets you 2% discount
- Two or more people from the same organization gets you 3% discount
Fees exclude VAT but Inclusive of meals and course manuals
More Information & Registration
Registrations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (+267) 3900242; otherwise call (+267) 3975105 for more detail.