IAP2 PLANNING for Public Participation
The landscape of global public participation is changing and a proven framework for public participatio is essential. Whether new to the public participation process or an advanced practitioner, this training will provide you with the proven structure, techniques, and knowledge you need to be successful. You will delve into your own challenges and those of your fellow learners as you discover the essential elements of effective public participation planning and become skilled at developing a detailed public participation plan.
This course is a prerequisite for the subsequent module, Techniques for Effective Public Participation.
Planning for Public Participation Learning Objectives
At the end of this three-day course, participants will:
- Define public participation and understand its value, risks and benefits
- Understand how to integrate public participation into decision-making processes
- Design, deliver and evaluate effective public participation planning processes
- Select appropriate techniques that align with public participation objectives
- Develop appropriate public participation objectives that clarify the public’s role and are aligned with and support the decision process
- Identify stakeholders and their needs and expectations, and select ways to effectively engage them in a decision process
- Evaluate public participation processes being used and outcomes achieved
IAP2 TECHNIQUES for Public Participation
Once you have completed the planning course, you are ready to add dozens of practical tools and methodologies to your public participation toolkit—powerful techniques you can put to immediate use in your next project. This module breaks down specific methods, exploring not only what each is, but how and when to use it – the strengths, weaknesses and needed resources. The course combines discussion, presentation, exercises and practice using varying techniques to give you a full understanding of the range of techniques and how to choose, modify and evaluate techniques for the most effective public participation.
PLEASE NOTE: International IAP2 members require a code to register. Please contact email@example.com to obtain it.
Techniques for Public Participation Learning Objectives
At the end of this two-day course, participants will:
- Understand key characteristics of a wide variety of traditional and emerging techniques and technologies
- Assess and select techniques to meet identified public participation objectives
- Modify and combine techniques to meet various objectives and circumstances
- Determine the skills and resources needed to use different techniques effectively
- Evaluate their use of varying public participation techniques
Visit IAP2 USA to learn more!